Monday, September 16, 2013

Technology Overload????

How do people keep up with technology?  As soon as it is "the thing", it is already outdated.  Additionally, in this social media world, how does one possible keep up with all of the happenings of those around us?  There are days when I'm not sure I can keep up with my own life, wife, and 3 kids let alone everything that is happening around me as well.  I used to get in trouble from my father who was upset that I didn't watch the news so that I knew what was happening in the world - so, I try to watch the news a bit more.  However, the news is almost "old news" as well in the social media world.  I refer to Alec's post about the water discovery in Kenya.  We received the post informing us that a newscast would be "coming out tomorrow".  Newscasts are historical (even if they are the daily news).

How do people keep current with everything out there while still maintaining their own lives?  And, how do you "keep up in the world" without being stuck to your phone/computer/etc. like the "I Forgot My Phone" video suggested?  How does Alec keep following 26,500 people?  I can't follow my three boys!

Information overloaded,
Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment